Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Deed is Done...

I never, in a million years, thought that I would try, once again, to make my way over to New Zealand. But I have done it!

With a ticket in my hand I can only wonder what my friends and family are going to say. I'll be happy with... "You're mad!" :-)

So, it has come to pass, that this young Englishman will embark on a journey of epic proportions (Sounds like Tolkein - how apt, being that I am going to "Middle-Earth"). The thought of leaving my dear mother behind and all my friends will, no doubt, burn a hole deep in my heart. But, this journey must be made... I certainly intend to go "there"... And hopefully not "back again".

So, when does my journey start? Monday 24th July 2006... It'll certainly be a novelty writing this blog from the otherside of the world. The adventures to be encountered certainly wet the appetite of any adventurous soul.

Without becoming too philosophical, I do find myself imagining being in NZ, amongst my new surroundings. Wondering whether it will be everything I had hoped it would be. To look down upon a valley from the highest mountain range on the South Island. To find myself out of my "comfort zone" but in a truly beautiful place. Where one can truly escape the hustle and bustle of a city in exchange for rolling hills and a landscape unimaginable, even in dreams!

So, now comes the time when I must relish the challenges that lie ahead... And the challenge of tying up loose ends here in London... A mighty task, not for the faint-hearted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home